Label: CONRX PAIN RELIEVER- acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine tablet
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated February 11, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- adult takes more than 8 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 tablets in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have not been drinking fluids
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
- you have lost a lot of fluids due to vomiting or diarrhea
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor's care for any serious condition
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 50 Pouch Box
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CONRX PAIN RELIEVER
acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine tablet
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:68737-234 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Acetaminophen (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (Acetaminophen - UNII:362O9ITL9D) Acetaminophen 250 mg Aspirin (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (Aspirin - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) Aspirin 250 mg Caffeine (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (Caffeine - UNII:3G6A5W338E) Caffeine 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) BENZOIC ACID (UNII: 8SKN0B0MIM) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (TYPE H) (UNII: RFW2ET671P) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) LIGHT MINERAL OIL (UNII: N6K5787QVP) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYSORBATE 20 (UNII: 7T1F30V5YH) POVIDONES (UNII: FZ989GH94E) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 6000 (UNII: 30IQX730WE) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) SORBITAN MONOLAURATE (UNII: 6W9PS8B71J) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color BLUE Score 2 pieces Shape OVAL Size 18mm Flavor Imprint Code CRX Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:68737-234-18 50 in 1 BOX 1 2 in 1 POUCH Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part343 02/15/2013 Labeler - Eagle Distributors,Inc. (929837425)