Label: EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVER (acetaminophen, aspirin- nsaid, and caffeine tablet, film coated
0067-2000-20, view more0067-2000-24, 0067-2000-30, 0067-2000-33, 0067-2000-50, 0067-2000-77, 0067-2000-83, 0067-2000-91, 0067-2000-94
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 3, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each caplet)
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and, occasionally, rapid heart beat.
Do not use
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen, aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis. or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Acetaminophen, Aspirin (NSAID) and Caffeine
Pain Reliever/Pain Reliever Aid
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL INPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare
Warren, NJ 07059
©2015 GSK or its licensor.
Visit us at www.excedrin.com
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
EXCEDRIN EXTRA STRENGTH PAIN RELIEVER
acetaminophen, aspirin (nsaid), and caffeine tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0067-2000 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 250 mg ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 250 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZOIC ACID (UNII: 8SKN0B0MIM) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 9XZ8H6N6OH) HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) LIGHT MINERAL OIL (UNII: N6K5787QVP) POLYSORBATE 20 (UNII: 7T1F30V5YH) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) SORBITAN MONOLAURATE (UNII: 6W9PS8B71J) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color WHITE (White) Score no score Shape CAPSULE (Capsule-Shaped Tablet) Size 18mm Flavor Imprint Code E Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0067-2000-02 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 09/27/2006 2 NDC:0067-2000-10 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 2 10 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 3 NDC:0067-2000-24 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 3 24 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 4 NDC:0067-2000-30 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 4 30 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 5 NDC:0067-2000-50 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 5 50 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 6 NDC:0067-2000-91 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 6 100 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 7 NDC:0067-2000-94 100 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 09/27/2006 12/31/2014 8 NDC:0067-2000-83 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 8 125 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 9 NDC:0067-2000-20 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 9 200 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 10 NDC:0067-2000-77 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 10 250 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 11 NDC:0067-2000-07 250 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 09/27/2006 12/31/2014 12 NDC:0067-2000-33 1 in 1 CARTON 09/27/2006 12 300 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 09/27/2006 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)