Label: PREPARATION H MEDICATED WIPES- witch hazel cloth
- NDC Code(s): 0573-0556-07, 0573-0556-20, 0573-0556-96
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 16, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
For external use only
When using this product
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
- open the lid on the top of the wipes pouch
- peel back wipes seal, remove completely and discard
- grab the top wipe at the edge of the center fold and pull out of pouch
- close lid after each use to retain moisture
- adults: unfold wipe and cleanse the area by gently wiping, patting or blotting. If necessary, repeat until all matter is removed from the area
- use up to 6 times daily or after each bowel movement and before applying topical hemorrhoidal treatments, and then discard
- children under 12 years of age: consult a doctor
- OTHER INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
PREPARATION H Medicated Wipes
Hemorrhoidal Wipes with Witch Hazel
MAXIMUM STRENGTH FORMULA
Gentle, Everyday Cleansing To Reduce Irritation
48 Medicated Wipes With Aloe
Cools, Soothes and Comforts
Convenient, Easy to Use
For Hemorrhoidal and Vaginal Care
Flushable and Septic Safe
6 x 5 in. (15.2 x 12.7 cm)
For most recent product information, visit www.preparationh.com
Marketed By Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
Madison, NJ 07940 USA
Made in USA ©2009 Wyeth
10 Wipes Individually Wrapped
Each wipe is enclosed in a sealed foil pouch. Do not use if the pouch is broken or torn.
- for vaginal care – cleanse the area by gently wiping, patting or blotting. Repeat as needed.
- for use as a moist compress – if necessary, first cleanse the area as previously described. Fold new wipe to desired size and place in contact with tissue for a soothing and cooling effect. Leave in place for up to 15 minutes and repeat as needed.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
PREPARATION H MEDICATED WIPES
witch hazel cloth
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0573-0556 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength WITCH HAZEL (UNII: 101I4J0U34) (WITCH HAZEL - UNII:101I4J0U34) WITCH HAZEL 5 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ALOE VERA LEAF (UNII: ZY81Z83H0X) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) CAPRYL/CAPRAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE (UNII: 231H3ZT9NE) DIAZOLIDINYL UREA (UNII: H5RIZ3MPW4) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) SODIUM CITRATE, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0573-0556-07 10 in 1 CARTON 02/02/2004 1 1 in 1 PACKET; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:0573-0556-96 2 in 1 CARTON 02/02/2004 2 NDC:0573-0556-20 48 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 3 NDC:0573-0556-20 48 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/02/2004 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part346 02/02/2004 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)