Label: MILK OF MAGNESIA- magnesium hydroxide liquid
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 1, 2014
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active Ingredient (in each 5 mL Tablespoon)
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that persist over a period of 2 weeks
- a magnesium - restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
- shake well before use
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor. Drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose
- mL = milliliter, TBSP = Tablespoonful
adults and children 12 years and older
2 to 4 Tbsp.
children 6 to 11 years
1 to 2 Tbsp.
children under 6 years
ask a doctor
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Principal Display Panel
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:61715-131 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: NBZ3QY004S) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838, HYDROXIDE ION - UNII:9159UV381P) MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 400 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) D&C RED NO. 28 (UNII: 767IP0Y5NH) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE (UNII: DY38VHM5OD) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color PINK (PINK) Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:61715-131-04 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 10/01/2014 Labeler - Kinray LLC (012574513)