Label: EXCEDRIN TENSION HEADACHE- acetaminophen, caffeine tablet, film coated
- NDC Code(s): 0067-8139-01, 0067-8139-02
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated March 13, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Caffeine 65 mgClose
Pain reliever aidClose
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pain due to:
- muscular aches
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- any new symptoms occur
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 6 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- close cap tightly after use
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.
- Inactive ingredients
benzoic acid, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
Acetaminophen and Caffeine
Pain Reliever / Pain Reliever Aid
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare,
Warren, NJ 07059
©2016 GSK group of companies or its licensor. All rights reserved. Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies
Visit us at www.excedrin.com
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
EXCEDRIN TENSION HEADACHE
acetaminophen, caffeine tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0067-8139 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 500 mg CAFFEINE (UNII: 3G6A5W338E) (CAFFEINE - UNII:3G6A5W338E) CAFFEINE 65 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZOIC ACID (UNII: 8SKN0B0MIM) D&C RED NO. 27 ALUMINUM LAKE (UNII: ZK64F7XSTX) FD&C BLUE NO. 2 (UNII: L06K8R7DQK) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 532B59J990) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) Product Characteristics Color RED Score no score Shape OVAL ((Caplet)) Size 17mm Flavor Imprint Code ETH Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0067-8139-01 1 in 1 CARTON 12/15/2016 1 24 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:0067-8139-02 1 in 1 CARTON 12/15/2016 2 100 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 12/15/2016 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)