EXCEDRIN TENSION HEADACHE- acetaminophen, caffeine tablet, film coated
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredients (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen 500 mg
Caffeine 65 mg
Pain reliever aid
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pain due to:
- muscular aches
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Caffeine warning: The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, and occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Do not use
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- any new symptoms occur
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not use more than directed
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours; not more than 6 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- close cap tightly after use
- read all product information before using. Keep this box for important information.
benzoic acid, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Acetaminophen and Caffeine
Pain Reliever / Pain Reliever Aid
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH “SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION” IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Distributed by: GSK Consumer Healthcare,
Warren, NJ 07059
©2016 GSK group of companies or its licensor. All rights reserved. Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies
Visit us at www.excedrin.com