Label: CODEINE GUAIFENESIN- codeine phosphate, guaifenesin solution
- NDC Code(s): 69315-248-12, 69315-248-48
- Packager: Leading Pharma, LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: CV
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 10, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Drug Facts
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
Ask your doctor before use if
- you have a persistent cough, this may be a sign of a serious condition
- you have a persistent cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- you have a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- you have chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breath
- giving to a child who is taking other drugs
When using this product
- giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child. A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age.
- may cause or aggravate constipation
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days, tend to recur or are accompanied by fever and rash or persistent headache. These may be symptoms of a serious condition.
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
- Inactive ingredients
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
codeine phosphate, guaifenesin solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:69315-248 Route of Administration ORAL DEA Schedule CV Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CODEINE PHOSPHATE (UNII: GSL05Y1MN6) (CODEINE ANHYDROUS - UNII:UX6OWY2V7J) CODEINE PHOSPHATE 10 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 100 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SACCHARIN SODIUM (UNII: SB8ZUX40TY) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:69315-248-48 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/19/2019 2 NDC:69315-248-12 120 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/19/2019 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 12/19/2019 Labeler - Leading Pharma, LLC (079575060) Registrant - Leading Pharma, LLC (079575060) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Woodfield Pharmaceuticals, LLC 079398730 manufacture(69315-248)