Label: CHILDRENS PLUS MULTI SYMPTOM COLD- acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride suspension
- NDC Code(s): 55910-043-04
- Packager: Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 19, 2023
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product. .
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts for more than 5 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) immediately. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- shake well before using
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose, otherwise, use age.
Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose (mL) 48-95 6-11 10 mL 36-47 4-5 do not use unless directed by a doctor under 36 under 4 do not use
- Other Information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Ages 6 to 11 years
Children's Plus Multi-Symptom Cold
Pain reliever/fever reducer
*Compare to active ingredients in Children's Tylenol® Plus Multi-Symptom Cold
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION
DISTRIBUTED BY DOLGENCORP, LLC
100 MISSION RIDGE
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN 37072
- Package Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDRENS PLUS MULTI SYMPTOM COLD
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hydrochloride suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55910-043 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 160 mg in 5 mL CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1 mg in 5 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 mg in 5 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor GRAPE Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55910-043-04 1 in 1 BOX 04/30/2015 04/30/2025 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 04/30/2015 04/30/2025 Labeler - Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL) (068331990)