Label: CAPSAICIN patch
- NDC Code(s): 81877-515-15
- Packager: FORREAL PHARMACEUTICALS LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated August 30, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient
For external use only. Use only as directed or as directed by a health care professional
Read all warnings and directions before use.
Discontinue use at least one hour prior to bath, shower, or swimming; do not use immediately after bath, shower, or swimming.
Do not use
• On wounds, cuts, damaged or infected skin
• On eyes, mouth, genitals, or any other mucous membranes
Allergy Alert: if you are allergic to capsicum or chili peppers or any inactive ingredient of this product, contact a doctor before use.
When using this product
• You may experience a burning sensation. The intensity of this reaction varies among individuals and may be severe. With regular use, this sensation generally disappears after several days.
• Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, nose and mucous membranes
• Do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area
• Do not apply heat to the treated area immediately before or after use
Stop use and ask a physician:
• If pregnant or breast feeding
• If condition worsens, or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, discontinue use of this product and consult a physician.
• If severe burning persists or blistering occurs
Adults and children 18 years of age and older:
Apply 1 patch to the affected area of intact skin up to 3 times a day. Do not leave patch on for more than 8 hours at a time.
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Open pouch and remove one patch.
- Remove any protective film and apply directly to affected area of pain. Apply immediately after removal from the protective envelope.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling the patches.
- Reseal pouch containing unused patches after each use. Do not store patch outside the sealed envelope.
- Fold used patches so that the adhesive side sticks to itself and safely discard used patches or pieces of cut patches where children and pets cannot get to them.
Children under 18 years: Ask a physician
- Clean and dry the affected area.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:81877-515 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CAPSAICIN (UNII: S07O44R1ZM) (CAPSAICIN - UNII:S07O44R1ZM) CAPSAICIN 0.025 g in 100 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) SODIUM POLYACRYLATE (8000 MW) (UNII: 285CYO341L) DIHYDROXYALUMINUM AMINOACETATE (UNII: DO250MG0W6) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) KAOLIN (UNII: 24H4NWX5CO) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TARTARIC ACID (UNII: W4888I119H) POLYACRYLIC ACID (8000 MW) (UNII: 73861X4K5F) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) PETROLATUM (UNII: 4T6H12BN9U) HYDROXYACETOPHENONE (UNII: G1L3HT4CMH) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:81877-515-15 15 in 1 CARTON 08/16/2022 1 100 g in 1 PATCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 08/16/2022 Labeler - FORREAL PHARMACEUTICALS LLC (118029197)