Label: INSTA-CHAR AQUEOUS CHERRY- poison adsorbent suspension
- NDC Code(s): 66689-202-04, 66689-202-08
- Packager: VISTAPHARM INC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Drug Label Information
Updated December 13, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Download DRUG LABEL INFO: PDF XML
- Official Label (Printer Friendly)
- Active Ingredient (per 120 mL)
Do not use
- until after the patient has vomited, unless directed by a health professional
- in persons that are not fully conscious
- unless directed by a health professional, if turpentine, corrosives, such as alkalies (lye) and strong acids, or petroleum distillates, such as kerosene, gasoline, paint thinner, cleaning fluid or furniture polish, have been ingested
- Shake vigorously to suspend charcoal before use.
- Remove foil seal underneath cap and replace cap.
- Cut off delivery tip of bottle 3/4 inch from end to insert drinking straw included with bottle.
- Pull or cut off tip from included cherry flavor and squeeze flavor into straw.
- Administer entire 240 mL if possible.
- Repeat dose immediately with Insta-Char Aqueous base product if possible.
- If previous attempts to contact a poison control center, emergency medical facility, or health professional were unsuccessful, continue trying.
- Keep patient active and moving.
- Save the container of poison.
Children 1 t0 12 years old weighing at least 16kg (36 lbs.)
Adults and children 12 years and over and weighing at least 32 kg (71 lbs.)
15-30g activated charcoal or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second dose is recommended, the additional dose should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
50 - 100 g (1-2 adult bottles) or 1-2 g per kg of body weight. If a second borrles is recommended, the additional bottle should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
- Other information
- Inactive Ingredients
- Other information
- INSTA-CHAR AQUEOUS CHERRY 120 ML
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
INSTA-CHAR AQUEOUS CHERRY
poison adsorbent suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:66689-202 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACTIVATED CHARCOAL (UNII: 2P3VWU3H10) (ACTIVATED CHARCOAL - UNII:2P3VWU3H10) ACTIVATED CHARCOAL 50 g in 240 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY (CONTAINED IN 1ML PACKET) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:66689-202-08 240 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/11/2007 2 NDC:66689-202-04 120 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/11/2007 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part357 12/11/2007 Labeler - VISTAPHARM INC (116743084) Registrant - DSC Laboratories Inc. (097807374) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations DSC Laboratories Inc. 097807374 manufacture(66689-202)