Label: CHILDREN ACETAMINOPHEN ORAL SOLUTION- acetaminophen liquid
- NDC Code(s): 0904-7014-16, 0904-7014-20
- Packager: MAJOR PHARMACEUTICALS
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated March 15, 2021
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
Liver Warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if:
- adult takes more than 6 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do not use with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease.
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product: Do not exceed recommended dose.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days in adults
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days in children under 12 years
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- do not take more than directed
- find dose in chart below
- if possible, use weight to dose, otherwise use age
- dosage may be repeasted every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor
- do not give more than 5 doses in 24 hours
Weight (lbs) under 24 24-35 36-47 48-59 60-71 72-95 over 95 Age (years) under 2 2 to 3 4 to 5 6 to 8 9 to 10 11 12 to adult Dosage Teaspoonful (tsp) consult Physician 1 tsp (5 mL) 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) 2 tsp (10 mL) 2 1/2 tsp (12.5 mL) 3 tsp (15 mL) 4 tsp (20 mL)
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDREN ACETAMINOPHEN ORAL SOLUTION
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0904-7014 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 160 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0904-7014-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 10/01/2019 2 NDC:0904-7014-20 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 10/01/2019 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 10/01/2019 Labeler - MAJOR PHARMACEUTICALS (191427277)