Label: THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD AND COUGH- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, phenylephrine powder, for solution
- NDC Code(s): 0067-7917-06
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 15, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each packet)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- in a child under 12 years of age
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or a pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- do not use more than directed
- take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
adults and children 12 years of age and over
children under 12 years of age
do not use
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
SEVERE COLD & COUGH
ACETAMINOPHEN – PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUER
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr – COUGH SUPPRESSANT
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl – NASAL DECONGESTANT
- NASAL CONGESTION
- SORE THROAT PAIN
- BODY ACHE
Infused with Menthol & Green Tea Flavors
Theraflu® provides powerful relief from your severe cold and flu symptoms.
READ ALL WARNINGS AND DIRECTIONS ON CARTON BEFORE USE.
KEEP CARTON FOR REFERENCE. DO NOT DISCARD.
Learn about teen medicine abuse
TAMPER EVIDENT INNER UNIT
DO NOT USE IF SEALED THERAFLU® PACKET IS TORN OR BROKEN
GSK Consumer Healthcare
Warren, NJ 07059
©2017 GSK group of companies or its licensor. All rights reserved.
Trademarks are owned by or licensed to the GSK group of companies.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD AND COUGH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, phenylephrine powder, for solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0067-7917 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) ASPARTAME (UNII: Z0H242BBR1) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) SODIUM CITRATE, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TRIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE (UNII: 91D9GV0Z28) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0067-7917-06 6 in 1 CARTON 09/24/2012 1 1 in 1 PACKET; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 09/24/2012 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)