Label: LEVONORGESTREL tablet
- NDC Code(s): 0536-1142-63
- Packager: Rugby Laboratories
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
Updated April 11, 2018
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert
This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking efavirenz (HIV medication) or rifampin (tuberculosis treatment) or medication for seizures (epilepsy). These medications may reduce the effectiveness of levonorgestrel.
When using this product you may have
- menstrual changes
- breast pain
- lower stomach (abdominal) pain
- read the instructions, warnings, and enclosed product leaflet before use
- this product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release). It may also prevent fertilization of a released egg (joining of sperm and egg) or attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterus (implantation).
- do not use if carton is open or tear strip is removed or blister seal is broken or missing
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.5 mg Tablet Blister Pack Carton
active ingredient in
PLAN B ONE-STEP®†
See New Warning
- Reduces the chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex
- The sooner you take it, the more effective it will be
Take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after
- Will not harm an existing pregnancy
- Not for regular birth control
1 Tablet Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
ONE TABLET. ONE STEP.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0536-1142 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Levonorgestrel (UNII: 5W7SIA7YZW) (Levonorgestrel - UNII:5W7SIA7YZW) Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength silicon dioxide (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) starch, corn (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) hypromellose, unspecified (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) lactose monohydrate (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X) magnesium stearate (UNII: 70097M6I30) talc (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape ROUND Size 8mm Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0536-1142-63 1 in 1 CARTON 11/01/2017 1 1 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA202635 11/01/2017 Labeler - Rugby Laboratories (079246066) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited 725959238 MANUFACTURE(0536-1142)