Label: ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH SINUS CONGESTION AND PAIN POWERFAST FIZZ- chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, acetaminophen, phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, effervescent
- NDC Code(s): 0280-0055-01, 0280-0055-02
- Packager: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 16, 2023
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
· more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
· with other drugs containing acetaminophen
· 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin or severe
allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
· skin reddening · blisters · rash · hives
· facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
If a skin or general allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than
2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea,
or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug
contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- may cause marked drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These
- could be signs of a serious condition.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- OTHER SAFETY INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Actaminophen/Pain Reliever-Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr/Cough Supressant
Phenylephrine Hydrochloride/Nasal Decongestant
- Sinus Congestion & Pressure
- Nasal Congestion
- Headache, Body Ache, Sore Throat
- Runny Nose, Sneezing
24 EFFERVESCENT TABLETS
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ALKA-SELTZER PLUS MAXIMUM STRENGTH SINUS CONGESTION AND PAIN POWERFAST FIZZ
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, acetaminophen, phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, effervescent
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0280-0055 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CALCIUM SILICATE (UNII: S4255P4G5M) MANNITOL (UNII: 3OWL53L36A) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) POTASSIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: HM5Z15LEBN) SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) Product Characteristics Color white Score no score Shape ROUND Size 25mm Flavor BERRY (Raspberry and Mixed Berry) Imprint Code SINUS Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0280-0055-01 10 in 1 CARTON 06/15/2021 1 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:0280-0055-02 12 in 1 CARTON 03/08/2023 2 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 06/15/2021 Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)