Label: SANATOS SEVERE COLD AND COUGH DAY TIME- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride granule, for solution
- NDC Code(s): 55758-010-01, 55758-010-06, 55758-010-18
- Packager: Pharmadel LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated June 1, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing Acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOIs) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- for more than 7 days for pain and 3 days for fever, unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- a persistent cough or symptoms do not improve within 5 days, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- take every 4 hours; do not exceed 6 packets in a 24-hour period
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. of hot water and sip while hot; consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes
- if using a microwave; add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water, stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or Comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
SANATOS SEVERE COLD AND COUGH DAY TIME
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and phenylephrine hydrochloride granule, for solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55758-010 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (UNII: ND2M416302) ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) ASPARTAME (UNII: Z0H242BBR1) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) TRIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE (UNII: 91D9GV0Z28) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor BERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55758-010-06 6 in 1 CARTON; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/20/2014 2 NDC:55758-010-01 1 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/20/2014 3 NDC:55758-010-18 18 in 1 CARTON; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/01/2017 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 02/20/2014 Labeler - Pharmadel LLC (030129680)