Label: MILK OF MAGNESIA- magnesium hydroxide liquid
- NDC Code(s): 55910-649-12
- Packager: DOLGENCORP, INC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
Updated November 7, 2023
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 15 mL)
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• kidney disease
• a magnesium-restricted diet
• stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
• a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
• you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- shake well before use
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24 hour period
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
- drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose
age dose adults and children 12 years and over 30 mL to 60 mL children 6 to 11 years 15 mL to 30 mL children under 6 years ask a doctor
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- package label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MILK OF MAGNESIA
magnesium hydroxide liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55910-649 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: NBZ3QY004S) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838, HYDROXIDE ION - UNII:9159UV381P) MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE (UNII: DY38VHM5OD) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55910-649-12 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/01/2021 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC Monograph Drug M007 02/01/2021 Labeler - DOLGENCORP, INC. (068331990) Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations GCP Laboratories 965480861 manufacture(55910-649)