Label: DESSAMOR- copper sulfate pentahydrate, ethacridine lactate, methylene blue anhydrous solution
- NDC Code(s): 86052-003-01, 86052-003-02
- Packager: Aquarium Muenster Pahlsmeier GmbH
- Category: OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated March 12, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Information and directions on the use of dessamor
- Types and quantities of active substances:
- Contraindications and side effects
Dosage instructions and method of administration
Shake well before use. Follow the instructions below unless prescribed otherwise:
Day 1: Add 60 drops (3 ml) of dessamor to the aquarium for each 100 l of water and stir to distribute. Do not feed the fish. Remove the filter from the aquarium and place it over a separate container to continue running in order to keep the microorganisms in the filter. Oxygenate the aquarium water. If the water cannot be oxygenated without operating the filter then we recommend running the filter without filtration media in order to ensure sufficient water circulation. In this case keep the filtration media coolin a container with aquarium water.
Day 2: Add 30 drops (1.5 ml) of dessamor to the aquarium for each 100 l of water and stir to distribute. Do not feed the fish.
Day 3: Do not add any medication to the water. Feed the fish as normal. Put the filter back into operation. If the filtration media has been stored separately then the water must not be put back in the aquarium. In this case partially wash the filtration media out with lukewarm water - but not too thoroughly in order to retain some of the microorganisms.
Day 4 - 6: Do not add any medication to the water. Feed the fish as normal.
Day 7: Follow the instructions for Day 1.
Day 8: Do not add any medication to the water. Feed the fish as normal. Change approx. 30% of the aquarium water. Put the filter back into operation. If the filtration media has been stored separately then the water must not be put back in the aquarium. Inthis case partially wash the filtration media out with lukewarm water - but not too thoroughly in order to retain some of the microorganisms.
As a preventive measure following stress situations, half of the stated doses should be administered
- Special precautions for storage
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- dessamor is unsuitable for invertebrates. Snails, mussels, shrimps, etc. must be excluded from the treatment.
- For ornamental fish. Do not use on creatures which are used to obtain food.
- Aquatic plants with fine, feathery leaves, such as yellow cabomba (Cabomba aquatica), may be damaged by the use of medication.
- The water will change colour due to the active ingredients but will return to normal again after a few days.
- Do not use after the use-by date has expired.
- Special precautions for the disposal of unused pharmaceuticals
- Product Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
copper sulfate pentahydrate, ethacridine lactate, methylene blue anhydrous solution
Product Information Product Type OTC ANIMAL DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:86052-003 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CUPRIC SULFATE (UNII: LRX7AJ16DT) (CUPRIC CATION - UNII:8CBV67279L) CUPRIC CATION 10 mg in 1 mL ETHACRIDINE LACTATE (UNII: V5IL571C1T) (ETHACRIDINE - UNII:WIX85M1A6R) ETHACRIDINE 4 mg in 1 mL METHYLENE BLUE ANHYDROUS (UNII: 8NAP7826UB) (METHYLENE BLUE CATION - UNII:ZMZ79891ZH) METHYLENE BLUE 2.75 mg in 1 mL ACRIFLAVINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 1S73VW819C) (ACRIFLAVINE - UNII:1T3A50395T) ACRIFLAVINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2 mg in 1 mL Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:86052-003-01 1 in 1 CARTON 1 20 mL in 1 BOTTLE, GLASS 2 NDC:86052-003-02 1 in 1 CARTON 2 100 mL in 1 BOTTLE, GLASS Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 03/12/2020 Labeler - Aquarium Muenster Pahlsmeier GmbH (317318368) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations MERCK KGaA 342249299 api manufacture