Label: ANTI-DIARRHEAL- loperamide hcl tablet, coated
- NDC Code(s): 69168-248-86
- Packager: Allegiant Health
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Drug Label Information
Updated November 13, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Download DRUG LABEL INFO: PDF XML
- Official Label (Printer Friendly)
- Active Ingredient (in each caplet)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reactions to loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
When using this product
tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging.
These may be signs of a serious condition.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- adults and children 12 years and over: 2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours
- children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours
- children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs): 1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours
- children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs): ask a doctor
- children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs): do not use
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Principal Display Panel
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
loperamide hcl tablet, coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:69168-248 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 77TI35393C) (LOPERAMIDE - UNII:6X9OC3H4II) LOPERAMIDE HYDROCHLORIDE 2 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) Product Characteristics Color green Score 2 pieces Shape CAPSULE Size 10mm Flavor Imprint Code 44;375 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:69168-248-86 2 in 1 CARTON 05/03/2005 1 6 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA076497 05/03/2005 Labeler - Allegiant Health (079501930) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Allegiant Health 079501930 analysis(69168-248) , label(69168-248) , pack(69168-248)