Label: NAUZENE- sodium citrate tablet, chewable
- NDC Code(s): 52389-242-10, 52389-242-40, 52389-242-42, 52389-242-50
- Packager: Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated April 29, 2019
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each chewable tablet)
Sodium citrate dihydrate 230 mgClose
Upset stomach reliever/antacidClose
For the relief of nausea associated with upset/sour stomach, including that due to overindulgence in food and drink.Close
- DO NOT USE
Do not use if you have Hereditary Fructose Intolerance (HFI). This product contains fructose.Close
- Ask a doctor before use if you
- have diabetes because this product contains sugar
- are on a sodium-restricted diet
- have phenylketonuria because each chewable tablet contains 4.5 mg phenylalanine.
- ASK DOCTOR/PHARMACIST
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other medications. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.Close
- WHEN USING
When using this product, do not take more than 24 tablets in a 24-hour period.Close
- STOP USE
Stop use and ask a doctor if nausea lasts more than two weeks or recurs frequently.Close
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use.Close
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Close
- Adults: 2 - 4 tablets.
- Children: Consult a doctor for appropriate dosage.
- Chew tablets completely.
- Dosage may be repeated after 15 minutes, not to exceed 24 tablets in a 24-hour period unless advised by a doctor.
- Read all package directions and warning before use and use only as directed.
- Nauzene Chewables are intended for use by normally healthy persons only.
- Persons under 18 years of age should use only as directed by a doctor.
- Other information
- Sodium content: 60 mg/tablet
- Store at room temperature.
- **Contents sealed: Each round pink Nauzene chewable tablet bears the identifying mark "ALVA" and is sealed in a clear plastic blister with a foil backing. Do not use if seal appears broken or if product contents do not match product description. Slight red speckling may occur over time.
- Note: Nauzene is not intended as a substitute for a balanced nutritional diet or as an electrolyte replenishment.
- You may report serious side effects to the phone number provided under Questions? below.
- Inactive ingredients
Aspartame, bitter masking salt, dextrose, FDC Red No. 40 Lake, flavors, food starch-modified, fructose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, povidone, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, sucrose.Close
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
sodium citrate tablet, chewable
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:52389-242 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength TRISODIUM CITRATE DIHYDRATE (UNII: B22547B95K) (ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID - UNII:XF417D3PSL) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID 230 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ASPARTAME (UNII: Z0H242BBR1) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) MALTODEXTRIN (UNII: 7CVR7L4A2D) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP) DEXTROSE (UNII: IY9XDZ35W2) FRUCTOSE (UNII: 6YSS42VSEV) MODIFIED CORN STARCH (1-OCTENYL SUCCINIC ANHYDRIDE) (UNII: 461P5CJN6T) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) POVIDONE K30 (UNII: U725QWY32X) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) CHERRY (UNII: BUC5I9595W) Product Characteristics Color pink Score no score Shape ROUND Size 16mm Flavor CHERRY (Wild Cherry Flavor) Imprint Code ALVA Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:52389-242-40 4 in 1 CARTON 07/08/2000 1 10 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:52389-242-42 3 in 1 CARTON 07/06/2017 2 14 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 3 NDC:52389-242-50 5 in 1 CARTON 10/01/2006 3 10 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 4 NDC:52389-242-10 1 in 1 CARTON 07/15/2016 4 10 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 07/08/2000 Labeler - Alva-Amco Pharmacal Companies, Inc. (042074856)