Label: NATURAL DAILY FIBER- psyllium husk capsule
- NDC Code(s): 69842-219-16
- Packager: CVS Pharmacy,Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 24, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking. Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing. If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
This product may cause allergic reaction in people sensitive to inhaled or ingested psyllium.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a sudden change in bowel habits persisting for 2 weeks
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- constipation lasts more than 7 days
- rectal bleeding occurs
These may be signs of a serious condition.
- Take this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning
- Adults 12 years and older: 5 capsules with 8 oz of liquid (swallow 1 capsule at a time) at the first sign of irregularity. Can be taken up to 3 times daily. Generally produces effect in 12-72 hours.
- Children 12 years and under: Ask a doctor
- Laxatives, including bulk fibers, may affect how well other medicines work. If you are taking a prescription medicine by mouth, take this product at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after the prescribed medicine.
- As your body adjusts to increased fiber intake, you may experience changes in bowel habits or minor bloating.
HOW TO TAKE THIS PRODUCT
(For adults 12 years and older)
2 to 5 capsules
by promoting regularity
up to 4 times per day
HEART HEALTH by lowering cholesterol
MAINTENANCE OF HEALTHY BLOOD SUGARS LEVELS take before each meal
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
CVS Health ™
Compare to the active ingredient in Metamucil® capsules 3 in 1 MultiHealth Fiber ‡
Natural Daily Fiber
100% NATURAL PSYLLIUM HUSK
FIBER LAXATIVE/DIETARY SUPPLEMENT
THERAPY FOR REGULARITY
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels as part of your diet**
- Helps lower cholesterol to promote heart health†
- Promotes digestive health**
- Gluten- Free
†See back for information about soluble fiber and heart disease.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2015 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
** THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
‡This product is not manufactured or distributed by Procter & Gamble, the distributor of Metamucil ®Capsules.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
NATURAL DAILY FIBER
psyllium husk capsule
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:69842-219 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Psyllium Husk (UNII: 0SHO53407G) (Psyllium Husk - UNII:0SHO53407G) Psyllium Husk 0.52 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARAMEL (UNII: T9D99G2B1R) GELATIN, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 2G86QN327L) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) Product Characteristics Color BROWN Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 21mm Flavor Imprint Code FC119 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:69842-219-16 160 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 06/14/2017 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 06/14/2017 Labeler - CVS Pharmacy,Inc. (062312574)