Label: MUCUS RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTHCOLD FLU AND SORE THROAT- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
- NDC Code(s): 0363-0782-06
- Packager: Walgreens
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated June 9, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)
Acetaminophen 650 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mgClose
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- sinus congestion and pressure
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
- temporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 day
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)
- do not take more than 6 doses in a 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided. Do not use any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- dose as follows or as directed by a doctor
- mL = milliliter
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL every 4 hours
- children under 12 years of age: do not use
- Other information
- each 20 mL contains: sodium 10 mg
- store between 20-25ºC (68-77ºF). Do not refrigerate.
- Inactive ingredients
anhydrous citric acid, disodium EDTA, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gumClose
- Principal Display Panel
Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
Acetaminophen 650 mg Pain Reliever / Fever Reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 20 mg / Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin 400 mg / Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCl 10 mg / Nasal Decongestant
- Thins & loosens mucus
- Relieves headache & fever
- Controls cough
- Relieves nasal & chest congestion
- For ages 12 years & over
Compare to Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Clear & Cool® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat active ingredients≠≠
FL OZ (mL)
Questions or comments? Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM EST
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
*This product is no manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Clear & Cool® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200WILMOT RE., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
- Package Label
Well at Walgreens Max Strength Mucus Relief Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MUCUS RELIEF MAXIMUM STRENGTHCOLD FLU AND SORE THROAT
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0363-0782 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg in 20 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg in 20 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 400 mg in 20 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg in 20 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYL GALLATE (UNII: 8D4SNN7V92) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) TRISODIUM CITRATE DIHYDRATE (UNII: B22547B95K) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0363-0782-06 177 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 05/31/2017 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part341 05/31/2017 Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)