Label: BIODESP DM NF- dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
- NDC Code(s): 45737-263-16
- Packager: Advanced Generic Corporation
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 23, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
INDICATIONS & USAGE
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold, hay fever (allergic rhinitis), or other upper respiratory allergies:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do no exceed recommended dosage
- A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur or is accompanied by a fever, rash or a persistent headache, consult a doctor
Do not use this product if you
are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional condition. or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or phamacist before taking thie product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema, or where cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus) unless directed by a doctor.
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urincation due to enlargment of the prostate gland unless directed by a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- if symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
Directions: take every 4 hours, not to exceed 6 doses in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
Age Dose Adults and children 12 years of age and over 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) every 4 hours Children 6 to under 12 years of age 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 hours Children under 6 years of age 1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 4 hours to consult a doctor
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
BIODESP DM NF
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:45737-263 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 100 mg in 5 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:45737-263-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/01/2015 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 03/01/2015 Labeler - Advanced Generic Corporation (831762971)