Label: ESOMEPRAZOLE capsule, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 30142-989-14, 30142-989-28
- Packager: THE KROGER COMPANY
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated October 28, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Do not use if you have
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
- adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 capsule a day
- swallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
FD & C blue no 1, FD & C red no 3, ferrosoferric oxide, gelatin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, mono and di glycerides, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, sugar spheres (corn starch and sucrose), talc, titanium dioxide and triethyl citrate.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 24 Capsule Bottle Carton
COMPARE TO the active ingredient of
NEXIUM® 24HR **See bottom panel
Treats Frequent Heartburn!
Two 14-Day Courses of Treatment
May Take 1 to 4 Days for Full Effect
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
esomeprazole capsule, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:30142-989 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ESOMEPRAZOLE MAGNESIUM (UNII: R6DXU4WAY9) (ESOMEPRAZOLE - UNII:N3PA6559FT) ESOMEPRAZOLE 20 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357) GELATIN, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 2G86QN327L) HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 9XZ8H6N6OH) HYPROMELLOSE 2208 (100 MPA.S) (UNII: B1QE5P712K) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) METHACRYLIC ACID - ETHYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:1) TYPE A (UNII: NX76LV5T8J) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: WZH3C48M4T) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 3 (UNII: PN2ZH5LOQY) GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE (UNII: 230OU9XXE4) Product Characteristics Color PINK Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 14mm Flavor Imprint Code RG50 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:30142-989-28 2 in 1 CARTON 08/07/2020 1 NDC:30142-989-14 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA212866 08/07/2020 Labeler - THE KROGER COMPANY (006999528) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Ohm Laboratories Inc. 184769029 MANUFACTURE(30142-989)