Label: ROBITUSSIN HONEY SEVERE COUGH, FLU PLUS SORE THROAT- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr solution
- NDC Code(s): 0031-8771-12, 0031-8771-18
- Packager: GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 25, 2023
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 20 ml)
- INDICATIONS & USAGE
This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking any other pain reliever/fever reducer
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- ml = milliliter
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children 12 years and over
20 ml every 4 hours
children under 12 years
do not use
- STORAGE AND HANDLING
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
NDC 0031 8771 18
Cough, Flu +
ACETAMINOPHEN (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
- Controls Cough
- Soothes Sore Throat Pain
- Relieves Fever & Body Aches
Taste the Real Honey
For Ages 12+
8 FL OZ (237 ml)
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ROBITUSSIN HONEY SEVERE COUGH, FLU PLUS SORE THROAT
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0031-8771 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 650 mg in 20 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 20 mg in 20 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: K679OBS311) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) HONEY (UNII: Y9H1V576FH) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SODIUM CITRATE, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SODIUM GLUCONATE (UNII: R6Q3791S76) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) ZINC GLUCONATE (UNII: U6WSN5SQ1Z) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0031-8771-12 1 in 1 CARTON 06/15/2020 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:0031-8771-18 1 in 1 CARTON 06/15/2020 2 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 06/15/2020 Labeler - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Holdings (US) LLC (079944263)