Label: ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD AND COUGH- aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
- NDC Code(s): 0280-1555-20
- Packager: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 17, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are
recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this
product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea
and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be
an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may
hives facial swelling asthma (wheezing) shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which
may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
● take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than
2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea,
or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
DO NOT USE
Do not use
● if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor
(MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping
the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains
an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
● in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
● stomach bleeding warning applies to you
● you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
● you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis,
or kidney disease
● you are taking a diuretic
● you have:
● asthma ● diabetes ● thyroid disease ● glaucoma
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
● a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
● a sodium-restricted diet
- WHEN USING
Stop use and ask a doctor if
Stop use and ask a doctor if
● an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
● you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
● feel faint ● vomit blood ● have bloody or black stools
● have stomach pain that does not get better
pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
redness or swelling is present
new symptoms occur
ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These
could be signs of a serious condition.
nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Other information
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- Questions or comments?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ALKA-SELTZER PLUS COLD AND COUGH
aspirin, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet, effervescent
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0280-1555 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 325 mg CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg PHENYLEPHRINE BITARTRATE (UNII: 27O3Q5ML57) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE BITARTRATE 7.8 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO) DOCUSATE SODIUM (UNII: F05Q2T2JA0) MANNITOL (UNII: 3OWL53L36A) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) CALCIUM SILICATE (UNII: S4255P4G5M) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (UNII: 23OV73Q5G9) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) ASPARTAME (UNII: Z0H242BBR1) Product Characteristics Color white Score no score Shape ROUND Size 25mm Flavor CITRUS Imprint Code ASP;CandC Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0280-1555-20 10 in 1 CARTON 09/14/2018 1 2 in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 09/14/2018 Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)