Label: BASIC CARE OMEPRAZOLE- omeprazole tablet, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 72288-401-01, 72288-401-03
- Packager: Amazon.com Services LLC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: New Drug Application
Updated April 12, 2021
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
- for adults 18 years of age and older
- this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
- it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14-Day Course of Treatment
- swallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morning
- take every day for 14 days
- do not take more than 1 tablet a day
- do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
- swallow whole. Do not chew, crush, or suck tablets.
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
- you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
- do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
- children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
benzyl alcohol, carmine, carnauba wax, FD&C blue #2/indigo carmine aluminum lake, flavor, hypromellose, hypromellose acetate succinate, lactose monohydrate, menthol, modified starch, monoethanolamine, polyethylene glycol 3350, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium starch glycolate, sodium stearate, sodium stearyl fumarate, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
- Questions or comments?
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Compare to Prilosec OTC®
Delayed Release Tablets 20 mg
Treats Frequent Heartburn!
Wildberry Mint Coated Tablet
See current Drug Facts
SWALLOW – DO NOT CHEW
One 14-day course of treatment
May take 1 to 4 days for full effect
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
BASIC CARE OMEPRAZOLE
omeprazole tablet, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:72288-401 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength OMEPRAZOLE (UNII: KG60484QX9) (OMEPRAZOLE - UNII:KG60484QX9) OMEPRAZOLE 20 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZYL ALCOHOL (UNII: LKG8494WBH) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) FD&C BLUE NO. 2 (UNII: L06K8R7DQK) HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X) MENTHOL, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) MONOETHANOLAMINE (UNII: 5KV86114PT) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 (UNII: G2M7P15E5P) SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J) SODIUM STEARATE (UNII: QU7E2XA9TG) SODIUM STEARYL FUMARATE (UNII: 7CV7WJK4UI) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) Product Characteristics Color PURPLE Score no score Shape OVAL Size 12mm Flavor BERRY Imprint Code 20 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:72288-401-03 3 in 1 CARTON 10/15/2020 1 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:72288-401-01 1 in 1 CARTON 04/12/2021 2 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date NDA NDA022032 10/15/2020 Labeler - Amazon.com Services LLC (128990418)