Label: RID LICE TREATMENT COMPLETE KIT- piperonyl butoxide, pyrethrum extract kit
- NDC Code(s): 82392-100-04, 82392-101-04
- Packager: Oystershell Consumer Health Inc
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated November 21, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients
For external use only
Do not use
- near the eyes
- inside nose, mouth, or vagina
- on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you are
allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
When using this product
- keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- if product gets into eyes, flush with water right away
- scalp itching or redness may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- breathing difficulty occurs
- eye irritation occurs
- skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
● ● Important: Read warnings before use
Adults and children 2 years and over:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
- use the RID® Lice Comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- a second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
Children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Easy-to-Follow 3-Step Process—
CALL AN EXPERT
TRATAMIENTO DE PIOJOS—KIT COMPLETO
Se incluyen instrucciones en español
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
See Back Panel for Additional Precautions
SHAMPOO NET WT. 4 FL OZ (118 mL)
COMB-OUT SPRAY NET WT. 2 FL OZ (59 mL)
RID® HOME LICE, BEDBUG & DUST MITE SPRAY
NET WT. 3 OZ (85.1 g)
1 PATENTED RID® LICE COMB
RID® provides everything you
need to treat lice in your family
and in your home.
Step 1 TREAT
- Apply RID® Lice Killing Shampoo according to label directions.
- Repeat this step 7 to 10 days later to kill any newly hatched lice.
Step 2 REMOVE
- After Step 1, apply a small amount of RID® Lice & Egg Comb-Out Spray and use a wide-tooth comb to remove any tangles.
- Comb out the eggs and nits in the hair with RID® Lice comb (included), using additional spray to remove tangles if needed.
Step 3 CONTROL
- Use RID® Home Lice, Bedbug & Dust Mite Spray to kill lice and their eggs on mattresses, furniture, car interiors, and other non-washable items.
IMPORTANT: Read detailed directions
inside before using.
This kit contains 4 products (Lice Killing Shampoo, Lice & Egg Comb-Out
Spray, Lice Comb and RID® Home Lice, Bedbug & Dust Mite Spray to
treat lice in your family and home. The 4oz. bottle of shampoo and
2oz bottle of comb-out spray should be enough product to treat one
person one time. However, the amount of shampoo needed will vary
by hair length and you may need additional shampoo for the second
treatment 7 to 10 days later. See below for guidelines.
Lice Killing Shampoo
Hair Length Approximate Amount For
First Application: 1 oz - 2 oz
Second Application: 1 oz - 2 oz
Total: 2 oz - 4 oz
First Application: 2 oz - 3 oz
Second Application: 2 oz - 3 oz
Total: 4 oz - 6 oz
First Application: 3 oz - 4 oz
Second Application: 3 oz - 4 oz
Total: 6 oz - 8 oz
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
RID LICE TREATMENT COMPLETE KIT
piperonyl butoxide, pyrethrum extract kit
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:82392-101 Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:82392-101-04 1 in 1 CARTON; Type 1: Convenience Kit of Co-Package 01/05/2021 Quantity of Parts Part # Package Quantity Total Product Quantity Part 1 1 BOTTLE 118 mL Part 1 of 1 RID LICE KILLING
piperonyl butoxide and pyrethrum extract shampoo
Product Information Item Code (Source) NDC:82392-100 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE (UNII: LWK91TU9AH) (PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE - UNII:LWK91TU9AH) PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE 40 mg in 1 mL PYRETHRUM EXTRACT (UNII: ZUM06L90GV) (PYRETHRUM EXTRACT - UNII:ZUM06L90GV) PYRETHRUM EXTRACT 0.033 mg in 1 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength Ammonium Laureth-2 Sulfate (UNII: 698O4Z48G6) Alcohol (UNII: 3K9958V90M) Isopropyl Alcohol (UNII: ND2M416302) Peg-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (UNII: 0ZNO9PJJ9J) Polyquaternium-10 (125 Mpa.S At 2%) (UNII: L45WU8S981) Water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color YELLOW (cloudy to transparent, cream to straw) Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:82392-100-04 1 in 1 CARTON 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part358G 01/05/2021 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part358G 01/05/2021 Labeler - Oystershell Consumer Health Inc (117628199) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations TriRx Shawnee LLC 118187894 manufacture(82392-101)