Label: BIODESP DM- dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, phenylephrine liquid
- NDC Code(s): 45737-221-16
- Packager: Advanced Generic Corporation
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 23, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
INDICATIONS & USAGE
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold. hay fever (allergic rhinitis), or other upper respiratory allergies;
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bonchial tubes and make coughs more productive
- nasal congestion
- reduces swelling of nasal passages
Do not use
If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if you are taking a prescription drug that contains an MAOI; ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Ask a doctore before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
- a cough with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with a fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
Directions Do not exceed 4 doses in 24 hours.
adults and children 12 years of age and over take 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) every 6 hours children 6 to under 12 years of age take 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 6 hours children 2 to under 6 years of age take 1/2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 6 hours children under 2 years of age ask a doctor
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, phenylephrine liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:45737-221 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (Dextromethorphan - UNII:7355X3ROTS) Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg in 5 mL Guaifenesin (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (Guaifenesin - UNII:495W7451VQ) Guaifenesin 100 mg in 5 mL Phenylephrine Hydrochloride (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (Phenylephrine - UNII:1WS297W6MV) Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) Water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Methylparaben (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) Propylparaben (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) Propylene Glycol (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) Sodium Citrate (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor GRAPE (Grape Flavor) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:45737-221-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 01/01/2009 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 01/01/2009 Labeler - Advanced Generic Corporation (831762971)