Label: INSTA-CHAR SORBITOL- poison adsorbent suspension
- NDC Code(s): 66689-203-04, 66689-203-08
- Packager: VISTAPHARM INC
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 14, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active Ingredient (per 120 mL)
Do not use
- until after the patient has vomited, unless directed by a health professional
- in persons that are not fully conscious
- unless directed by a health professional, if turpentine, corrosives, such as alkalies (lye) and strong acids, or petroleum distillates, such as kerosene, gasoline, paint thinner, cleaning fluid or furniture polish, have been ingested
- Shake vigorously to suspend charcoal before use.
- Remove foil seal underneath cap and replace cap.
- Cut off delivery tip of bottle 3/4 inch from end to insert drinking straw included with bottle.
- Pull or cut off tip from included cherry flabor and squeeze flavor into straw.
- Administer entire 240 mL if possible.
- Repeat dose immediately with Insta-Char Aqueous base product if possible.
- If previous attempts to contact a poison control center. emergency medical facility, of health professionsl were unsuccessful, continue trying.
- Keep patient active and moving.
- Save the container of poison.
Children 1 to 12 years old weighing at least 16kg (36lbs.)
Adults and children 12 and over and weighing at least 32 kg (71 lbs.)
15 -30g activated charcoal or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second dose is recommended, the additional dose should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
50-100 g (1-2 adult bottles) or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second bottle is recommended, the additional bottle should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
- Other information
- Inactive Ingredients
(What is this?)
If possible call a Poison Control Center, emergency medical facility, or health professional for help before using this product. If help cannot be reached quickly, follow directions on this label. Read the warnings and directions as soon as you buy this product. Insert emergency phone number(s) in space provided below on the label.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
poison adsorbent suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:66689-203 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACTIVATED CHARCOAL (UNII: 2P3VWU3H10) (ACTIVATED CHARCOAL - UNII:2P3VWU3H10) ACTIVATED CHARCOAL 50 g in 240 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY (CONTAINED IN 1ML PACKET) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:66689-203-08 240 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/28/2008 2 NDC:66689-203-04 120 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/28/2008 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part357 03/28/2008 Labeler - VISTAPHARM INC (116743084) Registrant - DSC Laboratories Inc. (097807374) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations DSC Laboratories Inc. 097807374 manufacture(66689-203)