Label: MILK OF MAGNESIA CHERRY- magnesium hydroxide liquid
- NDC Code(s): 11822-0399-4, 11822-0399-5
- Packager: RITE AID PHARMACY
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 12, 2021
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each 15 mL tablespoonful)
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over 14 days
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. This product may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or no bowel movement after using this product. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- shake well before use
- do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose in a 24-hour period
- dose may be taken once a day preferably at bedtime, in divided doses, or as directed by a doctor
- drink a full glass (8 oz) of liquid with each dose
age dose adults and children 12 years and over 2 to 4 tablespoonfuls (TBSP) children 6 to 11 years 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls (TBSP) children under 6 years ask a doctor
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- PACKAGE LABEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
MILK OF MAGNESIA CHERRY
magnesium hydroxide liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:11822-0399 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: NBZ3QY004S) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838, HYDROXIDE ION - UNII:9159UV381P) MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE 1200 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM HYPOCHLORITE (UNII: DY38VHM5OD) D&C RED NO. 28 (UNII: 767IP0Y5NH) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color pink (opaque light pink) Score Shape Size Flavor CHERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:11822-0399-4 355 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 04/01/2014 2 NDC:11822-0399-5 769 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 04/01/2014 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 04/01/2014 Labeler - RITE AID PHARMACY (014578892) Registrant - GCP Laboratories (965480861) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations GCP Laboratories 965480861 pack(11822-0399) , manufacture(11822-0399)