Label: CHILDRENS TYLENOL COLD PLUS COUGH PLUS RUNNY NOSE- acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide suspension
- NDC Code(s): 50580-245-01
- Packager: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated April 5, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.
Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child's dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours, while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose (mL) under 36 under 4 years do not use 36-47 4 to 5 years do not use unless directed by a doctor 48-95 6 to 11 years 10 mL
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDRENS TYLENOL COLD PLUS COUGH PLUS RUNNY NOSE
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, and dextromethorphan hydrobromide suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:50580-245 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 160 mg in 5 mL CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1 mg in 5 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: K679OBS311) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SORBITOL SOLUTION (UNII: 8KW3E207O2) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color purple Score Shape Size Flavor GRAPE Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:50580-245-01 1 in 1 CARTON 06/26/2017 1 120 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 1: Convenience Kit of Co-Package Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 06/26/2017 Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)