Label: RUGBY BENZOYL PEROXIDE WASH ACNE MEDICATION- benzoyl peroxide lotion
- NDC Code(s): 0536-1259-19, 0536-1259-63
- Packager: Rugby Laboratories
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated January 9, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient
For external use only.
When using this product
- avoid unnecessary sun exposure and use a sunscreen
- avoid contact with eyes, lips and mouth
- avoid contact with hair or dyed fabrics, which may be bleached by this product
- skin irritation may occur, characterized by redness, burning, itching, peeling, or possibly swelling. Irritation may be reduced by using the product less frequently or in a lower concentration.
- skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- shake well
- Wet area to be cleansed
- Sensitive Test for a New User. Apply product sparingly to one or two small affected areas during the first 3 days. If no discomfort occurs, follow directions stated below
- one to three times daily, wet skin and cover the entire affected area with a thin layer, liberally applying to areas to be cleansed. Massage gently into skin for 10-20 seconds working into a full lather, rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two or three times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor
- if bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day
- if going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop use of both products and ask a doctor.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 236 mL Bottle Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
RUGBY BENZOYL PEROXIDE WASH ACNE MEDICATION
benzoyl peroxide lotion
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0536-1259 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Benzoyl Peroxide (UNII: W9WZN9A0GM) (Benzoyl Peroxide - UNII:W9WZN9A0GM) Benzoyl Peroxide 50 mg in 1 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CARBOXYPOLYMETHYLENE (UNII: 0A5MM307FC) Cetyl Alcohol (UNII: 936JST6JCN) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate (UNII: D6DH1DTN7E) Glycerin (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE (UNII: 230OU9XXE4) Laureth-7 (UNII: Z95S6G8201) Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (UNII: 6M3P64V0NC) PEG-100 Stearate (UNII: YD01N1999R) Propylene Glycol (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) Sodium Coco-Sulfate (UNII: 3599J29ANH) Sodium Lauroamphoacetate (UNII: SLK428451L) Water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Xanthan Gum (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0536-1259-19 236 mL in 1 BOTTLE, DISPENSING; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/17/2019 2 NDC:0536-1259-63 148 mL in 1 BOTTLE, DISPENSING; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/17/2019 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH FINAL part333D 12/17/2019 Labeler - Rugby Laboratories (079246066) Registrant - Garcoa, Inc. (036464697) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Sigan Industries, Inc. 255106239 MANUFACTURE(0536-1259)