Label: HEALTH MART DAYTIME- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl solution
- NDC Code(s): 62011-0065-1, 62011-0065-2
- Packager: Mckesson
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 28, 2015
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 15 mL)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mgClose
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches and pains
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if
- adult takes more than 4 doses (30 mL each) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- child takes more than 4 doses (15 mL each) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children) or 7 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- take only as directed – see Overdose warning
- use dose cup
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hrs
adults & children 12 yrs & over
30 mL (2 TBSP) every 4 hrs
children 6 to under 12 yrs
15 mL (1 TBSP) every 4 hrs
children 4 to under 6 yrs
ask a doctor
children under 4 yrs
do not use
- Other information
- each 15 mL contains: sodium 7 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- Inactive ingredients
butylated hydroxyanisole, edetate disodium, FD&C yellow no. 6, flavor, glycerin, menthol, monobasic sodium phosphate, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sucrose, xanthan gumClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal Display Panel
compare to Vicks® DayQuil® Cold & Flu active ingredients
cold & flu
pain reliever/fever reducer
alcohol & antihistamine free
non-drowsy - gluten free
8 fl oz (236 mL)
SEE NEW WARNINGSClose
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
HEALTH MART DAYTIME
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, phenylephrine hcl solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:62011-0065 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg in 15 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg in 15 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg in 15 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC (UNII: 3980JIH2SW) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SACCHARIN SODIUM (UNII: SB8ZUX40TY) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) MENTHOL (UNII: L7T10EIP3A) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE (clear) Score Shape Size Flavor MENTHOL (with fruit) Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:62011-0065-1 177 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:62011-0065-2 236 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 01/11/2012 Labeler - Mckesson (177667227)