Label: BIOCOTRON PED- dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
- NDC Code(s): 45737-261-16
- Packager: Advanced Generic Corporation
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 23, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
INDICATIONS & USAGE
- non-narcotic cough suppressant which temporarily calms cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold
- calms the cough control center and relieves coughing
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive.
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages; temporarily relieves sinus congestion and pressure
Do no exceed recommended dosage
a persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persist for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash or a persistent headache, constult a doctor
Do not use this product if you
are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional condition. or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains a MAOI, ask a doctor or phamacist before taking thie product.
Ask doctor or pharmacist before use if you have
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema, or where cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus) unless directed by a doctor.
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urincation due to enlargment of the prostate gland
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- if symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
Ask a doctor before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- PREGNANCY OR BREAST FEEDING
- DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENT
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:45737-261 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 mg in 5 mL GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 350 mg in 5 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) EUCALYPTUS OIL (UNII: 2R04ONI662) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) HYDROXYETHYL CELLULOSE (100 MPA.S AT 2%) (UNII: R33S7TK2EP) METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM CITRATE (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:45737-261-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/01/2015 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 03/01/2015 Labeler - Advanced Generic Corporation (831762971)