Label: COLD FLU AND SORE THROAT MAXIMUM STRENGTH- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl capsule, liquid filled
- NDC Code(s): 55910-838-16
- Packager: Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated October 24, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each softgel)
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4,000 of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarges prostate gland
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu, & Sore Throat**
For Ages 12 & Over
Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
Acetaminophen 325 mg Pain reliever /Fever reducer
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg Cough Suppressant
Guaifenesin 200 mg Expectorant
Phenylephrine HCI 5 mg Nasal Decongestant :
- Controls cough, thins & loosen mucus
- Relieves nasal & chest congestion
- Relieves headache & fever
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
**This product is not manufactured or distributed by Reckitt Benckiser, distributor of Maximum Strength Mucinex® Fast-Max® Cold, Flu & Sore Throat.
DISTRIBUTED BY DOLGENCORP, LLC
100 MISSION RIDGE
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN 37072
- Package Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
COLD FLU AND SORE THROAT MAXIMUM STRENGTH
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, phenylephrine hcl capsule, liquid filled
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55910-838 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10 mg GUAIFENESIN (UNII: 495W7451VQ) (GUAIFENESIN - UNII:495W7451VQ) GUAIFENESIN 200 mg PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) SORBITAN (UNII: 6O92ICV9RU) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) MANNITOL (UNII: 3OWL53L36A) FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) Product Characteristics Color orange Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 20mm Flavor Imprint Code 341;12A Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55910-838-16 16 in 1 CARTON 01/31/2019 01/31/2025 1 1 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 01/31/2019 01/31/2025 Labeler - Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL) (068331990)