Label: DAIRYLAND BRAND PRE-POST- iodine liquid
- NDC Code(s): 60282-2106-1, 60282-2106-2, 60282-2106-3, 60282-2106-4
- Packager: Stearns Packaging Corporation
- Category: OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated December 12, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
IODOPHORS are considered relatively non-toxic, but should always
be used in accordance with label directions. Consult your veterinarian in case of teat irritation.
TEAT DIPPING IN COLD WEATHER:
When the temperature falls below 10 degrees F, or when wind chill is significant,
special precautions should be taken to avoid chapped and frozen teats.
1. Teats should be dry before turning cows out into cold weather.
2. When teats are dipped after milking, allow 30 seconds contact, and blot off any excess
teat dip with a single service towel.
3. Warm the teat dip to reduce drying time.
4. Provide windbreaks in outside areas for cows.
5. Monitor fresh cows with swollen udders and teats since they are more susceptible to
chapped and frozen teats.
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION
DO NOT DILUTE.
USE AT FULL STRENGTH.
PROTECT FROM FREEZING
Important Use Instructions
1. Wash each individual teat with a sanitizing udder wash.
NOTE: For best results, keep hair around teat based clipped.
2. Hand strip teats to initial let down.
3. Pre-dip entire teat with PRE-POST 1/2% on all four quarters. Repeat process on next 4 to
6 cows or until first cow prepped has at least 1 minute contact time.
4. Wipe each individual teat with a clean paper towel. Utilize a "pulling down" motion which
removes iodine solution, germs, and sediment from teat skin. Very important!
5. Place machine on cow and repeat wiping process on remaining cows that have
For Post Milking
DIRECTIONS FOR TEAT DIPPING. Dip entire teat with undiluted dip solution. Allow to air
dry and remain on teats for prolonged contact time. Clean, sanitize and thoroughly dry
each teat prior to next milking. Replace dip solution when visibly cloudy or dirty.
- USER SAFETY WARNINGS
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
A SANITIZING PRE AND POST DIP
NPE-Free Aid in Reducing the Spread of
Organisms Which May Cause Mastitis
Active Ingredient...........................0.5% Available Iodine
Emollient System Contains............5% GlycerinMinimum pH...................................4.0
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
See side panel for Precautionary StatementsSTEARNS PACKAGING CORPORATION
4200 Sycamore Ave. (53714), PO Box 3216, Madison, WI 53704
(800) 655-5008 www.stearnspkg.com
NET CONTENTS: 1 U.S. FL. GALLON (3.78 LITERS)
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
DAIRYLAND BRAND PRE-POST
Product Information Product Type OTC ANIMAL DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:60282-2106 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength IODINE (UNII: 9679TC07X4) (IODINE - UNII:9679TC07X4) IODINE 5 g in 1 L Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) 50 g in 1 L Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:60282-2106-1 3.78 L in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC 2 NDC:60282-2106-2 18.93 L in 1 PAIL 3 NDC:60282-2106-3 56.78 L in 1 DRUM 4 NDC:60282-2106-4 208.2 L in 1 DRUM Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 06/21/2004 Labeler - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256) Registrant - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Stearns Packaging Corporation 006069256 manufacture, api manufacture