Label: DACTYMOR- praziquantel solution
- NDC Code(s): 86052-002-01, 86052-002-02
- Packager: Aquarium Muenster Pahlsmeier GmbH
- Category: OTC ANIMAL DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated March 19, 2020
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Information and directions on the use of dactymor (active agent: praziquantel)
Treatment against skin worms (Gyrodactylus), trematodes (Dactylogyrus) and tapeworms (Cestodes) in ornamental fish of the orders Cypriniformes, Perch, Catfish and live bearers in fresh water and marine water. Trematode infestation results in an increased respiratory rate. Ornamental fish with tapeworms frequently lose weight rapidly despite normal eating habits. Skin worm infestation will cause fish to attempt to rid themselves of the parasites by scraping.
- Types and quantities of active substances:
- Contraindications and side effects
Dosage instructions and method of administration
Replace 3/4 of the aquarium water prior to beginning treatment with dactymor. Add 5 ml (= 100 drops) of dactymor for every 100 l of aquarium water and stir the aquarium water to disperse the product. Switch off UV-lamps. After 6 hours treatment a replacement of minimum 3/4 of the aquarium water is required. On the following day change half of the aquarium water. A single treatment is generally adequate for skin worms and tapeworms. However, trematode eggs are not affected. Therefore, when treating trematodes, the treatment should be repeated twice, waiting approx. one week between each treatment (for coldwater ornamental fish, wait approx. one-and-one-half weeks between treatments).
The aquarium should be continuously monitored during the treatment with dactymor. In aquariums containing a large biomass (microorganisms in filters, ground, etc.) the use of dactymor may result in an increase in bacterial growth. In turn this can lead to an oxygen depletion. Immediately change the aquarium water if signs of bacterial turbidity or indications of oxygen depletion are observed.
- Special precautions for storage
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- dactymor is unsuitable for invertebrates. Snails, mussels, shrimps, etc. must be excluded from the treatment.
- For ornamental fish of the orders Cypriniformes, perch, catfish and live bearers. Do not use on creatures which are used to obtain food.
- Do not use after the expiry date.
- Special precautions for the disposal of unused pharmaceuticals
- product labling
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type OTC ANIMAL DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:86052-002 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength PRAZIQUANTEL (UNII: 6490C9U457) (PRAZIQUANTEL - UNII:6490C9U457) PRAZIQUANTEL 10 mg in 1 mL Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:86052-002-01 1 in 1 CARTON 1 20 mL in 1 BOTTLE, GLASS 2 NDC:86052-002-02 1 in 1 CARTON 2 100 mL in 1 BOTTLE, GLASS Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 03/19/2020 Labeler - Aquarium Muenster Pahlsmeier GmbH (317318368) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Alvira Animal Health LTD. 650916617 api manufacture Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Merck KGaA 342249299 api manufacture