Label: CHILDRENS IBUPROFEN- ibuprofen suspension
Contains inactivated NDC Code(s)
NDC Code(s): 76413-344-01
- Packager: Central Texas Community Health Centers
- This is a repackaged label.
- Source NDC Code(s): 0472-1255
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated September 8, 2017
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Allergy alert: Ibuprofen may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:
- asthma (wheezing)
- skin reddening
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if your child:
- has had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- takes a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- takes other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- takes more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult doctor promptly. Do not use more than 2 days or administer to children under 3 years of age unless directed by doctor.
- DO NOT USE
ASK DOCTOR BEFORE USE IF
- stomach bleeding warning applies to your child
- child has a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- child has problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
- child has not been drinking fluids
- child has lost a lot of fluid due to vomiting or diarrhea
- child has high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- child has asthma
- child is taking a diuretic
- ASK DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST BEFORE USE IF THE CHILD IS
- WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT
STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF
- child experiences any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- feels faint
- vomits blood
- has bloody or black stools
- has stomach pain that does not get better
- the child does not get any relief within the first day (24 hours) of treatment
- fever or pain gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present in the painful area
- any new symptoms appear
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- use only enclosed measuring cup
- if needed, repeat dose every 6-8 hours
- do not use more than 4 times a day
- replace original bottle cap to maintain child resistance
Dosing Chart Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose (tsp or mL) under 2 years ask a doctor 24 – 35 lbs 2 – 3 years 1 tsp or 5 mL 36 – 47 lbs 4 – 5 years 1½ tsp or 7.5 mL 48 – 59 lbs 6 – 8 years 2 tsp or 10 mL 60 – 71 lbs 9 – 10 years 2½ tsp or 12.5 mL 72 – 95 lbs 11 years 3 tsp or 15 mL
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 2 mg
- do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
- store between 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
Berry flavor: citric acid, D&C yellow #10, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Dye free berry flavor: citric acid, flavors, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate-80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum
Bubble gum flavor: artificial bubble gum flavor, citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sucrose, xanthan gum.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 100 MG/5 ML Bottle Label
Austin/Travis Co. Health & Human Services Dept.
1000 Toyath St Austin, TX 78702 512-972-6206
TAKE ___ ML BY MOUTH ___ TIMES A DAY.
IBUPROFEN 100MG/5ML ORAL SUSP. #120 NDC 76413-344-01
Federal law prohibits the transfer of this drug to any other person than the patient for whom prescribed.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:76413-344(NDC:0472-1255) Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength IBUPROFEN (UNII: WK2XYI10QM) (IBUPROFEN - UNII:WK2XYI10QM) IBUPROFEN 100 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE (UNII: 2968PHW8QP) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) Product Characteristics Color ORANGE (red) Score Shape Size Flavor BERRY Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:76413-344-01 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 06/01/2006 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA074916 06/01/2006 Labeler - Central Texas Community Health Centers (079674019) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Central Texas Community Health Centers 079674019 REPACK(76413-344) , RELABEL(76413-344)