Label: CHILDRENS WAL TUSSIN COUGH AND COLD- chlorpheniramine maleate, dextrometrorphan hbr liquid
Contains inactivated NDC Code(s)
NDC Code(s): 0363-0745-04
- Packager: WALGREEN CO.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Drug Label Information
Updated January 29, 2021
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Download DRUG LABEL INFO: PDF XML
- Official Label (Printer Friendly)
- DRUG FACTS
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (in each 10 mL)
Do not use
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- keep dosing cup with product
- mL = milliliter
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
Children under 6 years
do not use
children 6 to under 12 years
10 mL every 6 hours
adults and children 12 years and older
20 mL every 6 hours
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
Compare to Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Cold Long–Acting active ingredients ††
children’s Wal-Tussin® Cough & Cold
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE USP 2 mg / Antihistamine
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr, USP 15 mg/ Cough Suppressant
- Relief of cough & runny nose
- 6 YEARS & OLDER
FRUIT PUNCH FLAVOR
NATURALLY AND ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED
6 YEARS & OLDER
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
WALGREENS PHARMACIST RECOMMENDED
Walgreens Pharmacist Survey
IMPORTANT: KEEP THIS CARTON FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ON FULL LABELING
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
Walgreens 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
walgreens.com ©2017 Walgreen Co.
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDRENS WAL TUSSIN COUGH AND COLD
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextrometrorphan hbr liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0363-0745 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength chlorpheniramine maleate (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (chlorpheniramine - UNII:3U6IO1965U) chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg in 10 mL dextromethorphan hydrobromide (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (dextromethorphan - UNII:7355X3ROTS) dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15 mg in 10 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) LACTIC ACID, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 33X04XA5AT) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SODIUM CITRATE, UNSPECIFIED FORM (UNII: 1Q73Q2JULR) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) SUCRALOSE (UNII: 96K6UQ3ZD4) Product Characteristics Color RED Score Shape Size Flavor FRUIT PUNCH Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0363-0745-04 1 in 1 CARTON 08/30/2017 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 08/30/2017 Labeler - WALGREEN CO. (008965063)