Label: AFRIN NO DRIP EXTRA MOISTURIZING- oxymetazoline hydrochloride spray, metered
- NDC Code(s): 11523-1783-1, 11523-1783-2
- Packager: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated December 30, 2021
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- do not use for more than 3 days. Use only as directed. Frequent or prolonged use may cause nasal congestion to recur or worsen.
- temporary discomfort such as burning, stinging, sneezing or an increase in nasal discharge may occur
- use of this container by more than one person may spread infection
- adults and children 6 to under 12 years of age (with adult supervision): 2 or 3 sprays in each nostril not more often than every 10 to 12 hours. Do not exceed 2 doses in any 24-hour period.
- children under 6 years of age: ask a doctor.
Shake well before use. Before using the first time, remove the protective cap from the tip and prime metered pump by depressing pump firmly several times. To spray, hold bottle with thumb at base and nozzle between first and second fingers. Without tilting head, insert nozzle into nostril. Fully depress rim with a firm, even stroke and sniff deeply. Wipe nozzle clean after use.
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 15 mL Bottle Carton
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
AFRIN NO DRIP EXTRA MOISTURIZING
oxymetazoline hydrochloride spray, metered
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:11523-1783 Route of Administration NASAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength OXYMETAZOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: K89MJ0S5VY) (OXYMETAZOLINE - UNII:8VLN5B44ZY) OXYMETAZOLINE HYDROCHLORIDE 0.05 g in 100 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE (UNII: F5UM2KM3W7) BENZYL ALCOHOL (UNII: LKG8494WBH) EDETATE DISODIUM (UNII: 7FLD91C86K) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POVIDONE (UNII: FZ989GH94E) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) SODIUM PHOSPHATE, DIBASIC (UNII: GR686LBA74) SODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONOBASIC (UNII: 3980JIH2SW) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor LEMON Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:11523-1783-1 1 in 1 CARTON 08/31/2000 1 15 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PUMP; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:11523-1783-2 1 in 1 CARTON 08/31/2000 2 20 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PUMP; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph final part341 08/31/2000 Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)