Label: ANTISEPTIC SKIN CLEANSER- chlorhexidine gluconate 4% liquid
- NDC Code(s): 41250-162-08, 41250-162-16
- Packager: Meijer Distribution, Inc.
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: New Drug Application
Drug Label Information
Updated March 25, 2021
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Download DRUG LABEL INFO: PDF XML
- Official Label (Printer Friendly)
- Active ingredient
For external use only
Allergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction.
Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stop use and ask doctor if
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardurms.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when adviseed by a health care provider
Do not use
- if you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical hand scrub:
- wet hands and forearms under running water
- scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces
- a separate nail cleaner may be used
- rinse thoroughly
- wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water
- dry thoroughly
Healthcare personnel handwash:
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in vigorous manner for about 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
Skin wound and normal skin cleansing:
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
- Other information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Other safety information
Warning: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer.
For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Laundering/Cleaning Instructions: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
DIST. BY MEIJER DISTRIBUTION, INC.
GRAND RAPIDS, MI 49544
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Mölnlycke Healthcare, owner of the registered trademark Hibiclens®.
Package label and principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Hibiclens®*
Reduces bacteria on the skin
Antiseptic Skin Cleanser
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
Antiseptic/Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
8 FL OZ (237 mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF SHRINK SEAL NECKBAND IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Compare to Hibiclens active ingredient
(Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution)
Antiseptic/Antimicrobial SKin Cleanser
REDUCES BACTERIA ON THE SKIN
FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF SHRINK SEAL NECKBAND IS BROKEN OR MISSING
16 FL OZ (473 mL)
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ANTISEPTIC SKIN CLEANSER
chlorhexidine gluconate 4% liquid
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:41250-162 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE (UNII: MOR84MUD8E) (CHLORHEXIDINE - UNII:R4KO0DY52L) CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 4 mg in 100 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength LAURAMINE OXIDE (UNII: 4F6FC4MI8W) COCO DIETHANOLAMIDE (UNII: 92005F972D) PEG-75 LANOLIN (UNII: 09179OX7TB) HYDROXYETHYL CELLULOSE (2000 CPS AT 1%) (UNII: S38J6RZN16) ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (UNII: ND2M416302) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) TRIDECYL ALCOHOL (UNII: 8I9428H868) GLUCONOLACTONE (UNII: WQ29KQ9POT) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:41250-162-08 237 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 03/25/2021 2 NDC:41250-162-16 473 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PUMP; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 01/01/2014 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date NDA NDA019125 01/01/2014 Labeler - Meijer Distribution, Inc. (006959555) Registrant - Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. (007470579) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Xttrium Laboratories, Inc. 007470579 manufacture(41250-162)