Label: EPSOM SALT- magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
- NDC Code(s): 55301-602-07
- Packager: Your Military Exchange
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated May 5, 2016
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
Tamper Eviden Packaging:
Caution: this package has been sealed for your protection. Do not use if package is open, torn or mutilatedClose
MAGNESIUM SULFATE U.S.P.
MgSO4 - 7H2OClose
- Active ingredient
Magnesium sulfate USP ( Heptahydrate) 100%Close
Uses for Oral Laxative
- for relief of occasional constipation (irregularity)
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 1/2 to 6 hours
Adding Epsom Salt to your bath will help relieve the
aches and pains of minor sprains and bruises. Let
Epsom Salt do the work while your relax in the bathtubClose
Warnings for Soaking
CAUTION: If prompt relief is not obtained or there is evidence of infection, discontinue use and consult your physician. Hot or warm soaks should not be used by individuals with diabetes except on the advice of a physician. Keep out of reach of children.Close
- Ask a Doctor before use
- kidney disease
- a magnesium-restricted diet
- abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks
- already used a laxative for a period longer than 1 week.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist
before use if you are taking any other drug. Take this product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.Close
- Stop use and ask a doctor
if you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use. These could be signs of a serious condition.Close
- If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use.Close
- Keep out of reach of children
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.Close
- do not exceed recommended daily dosage
- drink a full glass (8 ounces) of liquie with each dose
- may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dissolve the dose in 8 ounces of water. Lemon juice may be added to improve the taste
adults and children 12 years and over - 2 to 6 level teaspoons (10 to 30 grams) daily
children 6 to under 12 years - 1 to 2 level teaspoons (5 to 10 grams) daily
children under 6 years - consult a doctor
Directions for Soaking
Directions: Pour 2 cups of Epsom Salt in 1 quart of warm water. Using a towel, apply solution to the affected area for 15 - 30 minut3es to help relieve the aches and pains of minor spains and bruises. Repeat as needed.
As a warm compress:
Dissolve 1/2 cup or Epsom salt in 1 quart of warm water. Using a towel, apply solution to the affected area for 15-30 minutes to help relieve the aches and pains of minor sprans and bruises. Repeat as needed.Close
- Other information
- magnesium content 495 mg per teaspoon (5 grams)
- Adverse reaction section
OR YOUR MONEY BACK."
Manufactured For Your Military Exchanges
8515 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63114Close
- Package Label
Cut along dotted line and press zipper to reseal.
MAGNESIUM SULFATE U.S.P.
MgSO4 - 7H2O
Saline laxative for relief of
Soaking aid for minor
sprains and bruises
NET WT 4 LB
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
magnesium sulfate granule, for solution
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55301-602 Route of Administration ORAL, TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MAGNESIUM SULFATE HEPTAHYDRATE (UNII: SK47B8698T) (MAGNESIUM CATION - UNII:T6V3LHY838) MAGNESIUM SULFATE HEPTAHYDRATE 1 g in 1 g Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55301-602-07 1814 g in 1 POUCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 12/18/2002 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part334 12/18/2002 Labeler - Your Military Exchange (001695568) Registrant - Vi-Jon (790752542) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Vi-Jon 790752542 manufacture(55301-602)