Label: ACETAMINOPHEN DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE AND DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE- acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
- NDC Code(s): 59105-005-10
- Packager: J.P. BUSINESS ENTERPRISE
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated November 14, 2014
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Active ingredients (in each softgel) Purpose Acetaminophen 325 mg Pain reliever/fever reducer Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 15 mg Cough suppressant Doxylamine Succinate 6.25 mg Antihistamine
temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- sore throat
- minor aches/pains
- runny nose and sneezing
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product.
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, lasts for more than 2 days, or occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, see a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleep
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood-thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful with driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash, or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Take only as recommended—see Overdose warning.
- do not exceed 4 doses per 24 hours
adults and children 12 years of age and over swallow 2 softgels with water every 6 hours children 4 to under 12 years of age ask a doctor children under 4 years of age do not use
If taking Nighttime and Daytime softgels carefully read each label to insure correct dosingClose
- Other information
- store at room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F) and avoid excessive heat
- this product does not contain phenylpropanolamine
- Inactive ingredients
D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1, gelatin, glycerin, polyethylene glycol 400, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan, titanium dioxideClose
- Questions or comments?
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Distributed By: J.P Business EnterpriseClose
Lake Grove, NY 11755
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 10 Softgel Blister Pack Carton
SEE NEW WARNINGS INFORMATION
Compare to the active ingredients
in VICKS® NyQUIL®*
COLD & FLU NIGHTTIME RELIEF
ACETAMINOPHEN, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr, DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE
- Pain Reliever
- Fever Reducer
- Cough Suppressant
Liquid filled capsules
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ACETAMINOPHEN DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE AND DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, and doxylamine succinate capsule, liquid filled
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:59105-005 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 325 mg DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15 mg DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE (UNII: V9BI9B5YI2) (DOXYLAMINE - UNII:95QB77JKPL) DOXYLAMINE SUCCINATE 6.25 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) POVIDONES (UNII: FZ989GH94E) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) GELATIN (UNII: 2G86QN327L) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) Product Characteristics Color GREEN Score no score Shape OVAL Size 20mm Flavor Imprint Code 215 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:59105-005-10 1 in 1 CARTON 1 10 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 12/01/2014 Labeler - J.P. BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (078775890) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations MEDGEL PVT LTD 677385498 MANUFACTURE(59105-005)