Label: ASPIRIN- aspirin tablet, film coated
- NDC Code(s): 59779-157-08, 59779-157-12, 59779-157-14, 59779-157-85
- Packager: CVS Pharmacy
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated February 16, 2018
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*Close
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducerClose
- temporarily relieves:
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
- pain and fever of colds
- minor pain of arthritis
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- are age 60 or older
- take other drugs containing prescription and nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Ask a doctor before use if
- you have asthma
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug for
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- any new symptoms occur
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 or 2 tablets every 4 hours or 3 tablets every 6 hours, not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- Other information
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted between 15º-30ºC (59º-86ºF)
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- Inactive ingredients
corn starch, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycolClose
- Questions or comments?
- Principal display panel
♥︎CVSHealth® Compare to the active ingredient in Genuine Bayer® Aspirin†
Aspirin 325 mg
Pain reliever, Fever reducer (NSAID)
Fast, effective pain relief
• Everyday aches & pains Actual Size
24 COATED TABLETS
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF IMPRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
†This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark Genuine Bayer® Aspirin.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
©2015 CVS/pharmacy CVS.com®
1-800-SHOP CVS V-11112
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
aspirin tablet, film coated
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:59779-157 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 325 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ) HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) Product Characteristics Color WHITE Score no score Shape ROUND Size 10mm Flavor Imprint Code ASPIRIN;44;157 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:59779-157-12 1 in 1 CARTON 02/10/1996 12/05/2015 1 100 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:59779-157-08 1 in 1 CARTON 02/10/1996 2 24 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 3 NDC:59779-157-14 500 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/10/1996 12/05/2015 4 NDC:59779-157-85 300 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 02/10/1996 11/13/2015 Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL part343 02/10/1996 Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 038154464 PACK(59779-157) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 832867837 MANUFACTURE(59779-157) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 967626305 PACK(59779-157) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations LNK International, Inc. 868734088 PACK(59779-157)