Label: CHILDRENS PLUS FLU- acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hci suspension
- NDC Code(s): 55910-031-04
- Packager: Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL)
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
Updated December 6, 2023
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Allergy Alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes:
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs contaning acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- to make a child sleepy
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (Prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- liver disease
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking
- sedatives or tranquilizers
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning )
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or last more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or last more than 3 days
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts,
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) could cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- mL =milliliter
- shake well before using
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use with any other dosing device
- keep dosing cup with product
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- find the right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose: otherwise us
Weight (lb) Age (yr) Dose ( mL) 48-95 6-11 10 mL 36-47 4-5 do not use unless directed by a doctor under 36 under 4 do not use
- Other Information
- Inactive ingredients
- Questions or comments?
Principal Display Panel
For ages 6 to 11 years
Acetaminophen / Pain reliever
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Relieves coughs, runny nose, sneezing, fever, sore throat, stuffy nose
FL OZ (mL)
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF CARTON IS OPENED OR IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL AROUND BOTTLE OR UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
KEEP OUTER CARTON FOR COMPLETE WARNINGS AND PRODUCT INFORMATION.
DISTRIBUTED BY OLD EAST MAIN CO.
100 MISSION RIDGE,
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN 37072
- Package Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
CHILDRENS PLUS FLU
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine hci suspension
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55910-031 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ACETAMINOPHEN (UNII: 362O9ITL9D) (ACETAMINOPHEN - UNII:362O9ITL9D) ACETAMINOPHEN 160 mg in 5 mL CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (UNII: V1Q0O9OJ9Z) (CHLORPHENIRAMINE - UNII:3U6IO1965U) CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1 mg in 5 mL DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE (UNII: 9D2RTI9KYH) (DEXTROMETHORPHAN - UNII:7355X3ROTS) DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5 mg in 5 mL PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE (UNII: 04JA59TNSJ) (PHENYLEPHRINE - UNII:1WS297W6MV) PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5 mg in 5 mL Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) ANHYDROUS CITRIC ACID (UNII: XF417D3PSL) GLYCERIN (UNII: PDC6A3C0OX) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) D&C RED NO. 33 (UNII: 9DBA0SBB0L) SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU) SORBITOL (UNII: 506T60A25R) XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE) SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554) CARBOXYMETHYLCELLULOSE SODIUM (UNII: K679OBS311) FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD) FD&C RED NO. 40 (UNII: WZB9127XOA) Product Characteristics Color Score Shape Size Flavor GRAPE Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55910-031-04 1 in 1 BOX 05/31/2015 1 118 mL in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC Monograph Drug M012 05/31/2015 Labeler - Dolgencorp, Inc. (DOLLAR GENERAL & REXALL) (068331990)