Label: ASPIRIN 81MG ADULT LOW DOSE- aspirin tablet, delayed release
- NDC Code(s): 36800-880-08
- Packager: TopCare
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: OTC monograph not final
DISCLAIMER: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Updated August 9, 2016
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- Active ingredient (in each tablet)
- for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product may not provide fast relief of headache or other symptoms needing immediate relief.
- ask your doctor about other uses for this product
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning
This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you have asthma
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for:
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours; do not exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: consult a doctor
- Other information
- store between 20°-25°C (68°-77°F) in a dry place
- retain carton for complete product information
- Inactive ingredients
acetylated monoglycerides, anhydrous lactose, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow #10, hypromellose, hypromellose phthalate, iron oxide ochre, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, simethicone, sodium hydroxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrateClose
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
2 BOTTLES INSIDE
Adult Low Dose
Pain Reliever (NSAID)
Compare to Bayer® Low Dose Aspirin Active Ingredient†
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
ASPIRIN 81MG ADULT LOW DOSE
aspirin tablet, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:36800-880 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength ASPIRIN (UNII: R16CO5Y76E) (ASPIRIN - UNII:R16CO5Y76E) ASPIRIN 81 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength DIACETYLATED MONOGLYCERIDES (UNII: 5Z17386USF) ANHYDROUS LACTOSE (UNII: 3SY5LH9PMK) CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48) D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) HYPROMELLOSE PHTHALATE (24% PHTHALATE, 55 CST) (UNII: 87Y6436BKR) BROWN IRON OXIDE (UNII: 1N032N7MFO) METHACRYLIC ACID - METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:1) (UNII: 74G4R6TH13) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP) POLYETHYLENE GLYCOLS (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A) POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H) DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O) SODIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: 55X04QC32I) SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) Product Characteristics Color yellow Score no score Shape ROUND Size 7mm Flavor Imprint Code heart Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:36800-880-08 2 in 1 CARTON 10/03/2016 1 100 in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date OTC monograph not final part343 10/03/2016 Labeler - TopCare (006935977)