Label: OMEPRAZOLE MAGNESIUM capsule, delayed release
55111-397-39, view more55111-397-42, 55111-397-52, 55111-397-74
- Packager: Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
Updated May 3, 2019
If you are a healthcare professional or from the pharmaceutical industry please visit this version.
- Active ingredient (in each capsule)
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do not use if you have:
- trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking a prescription drug.
Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop use and ask doctor if:
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
- you need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 months
- you get diarrhea
- you develop a rash or joint pain
• for adults 18 years of age and older
• this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days
• it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours
14- Day Course of Treatment
• swallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morning
• take every day for 14 days
• do not take more than 1 capsule a day
• do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor
• swallow whole. Do not chew or crush capsules.
Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)
• you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 months
• do not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor
• children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Other information
black iron oxide, dibasic calcium phosphate, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose 3 cps, magnesium oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, methacrylic acid copolymer Type B, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, red iron oxide, shellac, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Tips for Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eating
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomach
- Do not eat before bedtime
- Raise the head of your bed
- Avoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetables
- Eat slowly and avoid big meals
- If overweight, lose weight
- Quit smoking
- Bottle Label
- Carton Label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
omeprazole magnesium capsule, delayed release
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:55111-397 Route of Administration ORAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength OMEPRAZOLE MAGNESIUM (UNII: 426QFE7XLK) (omeprazole - UNII:KG60484QX9) omeprazole 20 mg Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357) ANHYDROUS DIBASIC CALCIUM PHOSPHATE (UNII: L11K75P92J) CARRAGEENAN (UNII: 5C69YCD2YJ) GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE (UNII: 230OU9XXE4) HYPROMELLOSES (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO) HYPROMELLOSE 2208 (3 MPA.S) (UNII: 9H4L916OBU) MAGNESIUM OXIDE (UNII: 3A3U0GI71G) MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30) METHACRYLIC ACID - METHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:2) (UNII: 5KY68S2577) METHACRYLIC ACID - ETHYL ACRYLATE COPOLYMER (1:1) TYPE A (UNII: NX76LV5T8J) CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE (UNII: OP1R32D61U) POTASSIUM CHLORIDE (UNII: 660YQ98I10) POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: WZH3C48M4T) PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3) FERRIC OXIDE RED (UNII: 1K09F3G675) SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O) SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4) RAW SUGAR (UNII: 8M707QY5GH) TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U) TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP) TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM) Product Characteristics Color WHITE, PINK Score no score Shape CAPSULE Size 22mm Flavor Imprint Code OMP20 Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:55111-397-52 1 in 1 CARTON 03/01/2010 1 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 2 NDC:55111-397-27 2 in 1 CARTON 03/01/2010 2 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 3 NDC:55111-397-33 3 in 1 CARTON 03/01/2010 3 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 4 NDC:55111-397-39 3 in 1 CARTON 09/01/2015 4 14 in 1 BOTTLE; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 5 NDC:55111-397-28 2 in 1 CARTON 03/01/2010 5 NDC:55111-397-74 2 in 1 CARTON 5 7 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product 6 NDC:55111-397-42 3 in 1 CARTON 03/01/2010 6 NDC:55111-397-74 2 in 1 CARTON 6 7 in 1 BLISTER PACK; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA078878 03/01/2010 Labeler - Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited (650562841)