Label: MICONAZOLE 7- miconazole nitrate cream
- NDC Code(s): 0363-0730-41
- Packager: Walgreens
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: Abbreviated New Drug Application
Updated November 2, 2022
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Drug Facts
- Active ingredient
For vaginal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back, or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
taking the prescription blood thinning medicine warfarin, because bleeding or bruising may occur
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief ask a doctor before using another product.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- before using this product read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- applicator: insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 nights in a row. Throw applicator away after use.
- use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina (vulva). Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- to open tube: unscrew cap, lift tab, and pull to remove foil seal prior to use
- do not use if foil seal on tube opening is broken or missing
- do not purchase if carton is open
- store at room temperature 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- before using any medication, read all label directions. Keep carton, it contains important information
- Inactive ingredients
Principal display panel
Compare to the active ingredient in Monistat® 7 Vaginal Cream††
MICONAZOLE NITRATE VAGINAL CREAM, USP 2% (MICONAZOLE NITRATE 100 mg PER APPLICATOR)
VAGINAL ANTIFUNGAL | 7-DAY TREATMENT
- Cures most vaginal yeast infections & relieves associated extended itching & irritation
7 DAY VAGINAL CREAM (1 TUBE)
WITH 7 DISPOSABLE APPLICATORS
NET WT OZ (g)
††This product is not affiliated with, manufactured by, or produced by the makers or owners of Monistat® 7 Vaginal Cream.
DISTRIBUTED BY: WALGREEN CO.
200 WILMOT RD., DEERFIELD, IL 60015
- Package label
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
miconazole nitrate cream
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:0363-0730 Route of Administration VAGINAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength MICONAZOLE NITRATE (UNII: VW4H1CYW1K) (MICONAZOLE - UNII:7NNO0D7S5M) MICONAZOLE NITRATE 20 mg in 1 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength BENZOIC ACID (UNII: 8SKN0B0MIM) BUTYLATED HYDROXYANISOLE (UNII: REK4960K2U) MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP) APRICOT KERNEL OIL PEG-6 ESTERS (UNII: DRG3KJZ1TJ) PEGOXOL 7 STEARATE (UNII: 3EW5AXE5X5) WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) Product Characteristics Color white Score Shape Size Flavor Imprint Code Contains Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:0363-0730-41 1 in 1 CARTON 12/01/2000 1 45 g in 1 TUBE, WITH APPLICATOR; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date ANDA ANDA074164 12/01/2000 Labeler - Walgreens (008965063)