Label: SUNMARK CLOTRIMAZOLE 3- clotrimazole cream
- NDC Code(s): 49348-379-54
- Packager: McKesson
- Category: HUMAN OTC DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: New Drug Application
Updated February 4, 2013
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Active ingredients Purpose Clotrimazole USP 2% (100 mg in each applicatorful) Vaginal Antifungal Clotrimazole USP 2% (external cream) Vaginal Antifungal
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
When using this product
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief ask a doctor before using another product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or a foul-smelling vaginal discharge
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product read the enclosed educational brochure for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- vaginal cream: insert one applicatorful of cream into the vagina at bedtime for 3 days in a row. Throw applicator away after use.
- external cream: use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina. Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- Other information
- To open: unscrew cap, use pointed end on cap to puncture seal
- do not use if carton is opened
- safety sealed: the tube opening should be sealed. If the seal has been punctured or is not visible, do not use the product.
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- see flap of carton or crimp of tube for lot number and expiration date
- Inactive ingredients
benzyl alcohol, cetostearyl alcohol, cetyl esters wax, 2-octyldodecanol, polysorbate-60, purified water, and sorbitan monostearateClose
- Questions or comments?
Call toll-free, 1-888-827-6222, for our 24 hour automated response system.Close
- SPL UNCLASSIFIED SECTION
Distributed by McKessonClose
One Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 21 g Tube Carton
Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream USP (2%)
Cures Most Vaginal Yeast Infections
3 DAY TREATMENT
One 21 g (0.74 oz) Tube Of Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream USP (2%)
& 3 Disposable Applicators
- INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
SUNMARK CLOTRIMAZOLE 3
Product Information Product Type HUMAN OTC DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:49348-379 Route of Administration VAGINAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength Clotrimazole (UNII: G07GZ97H65) (Clotrimazole - UNII:G07GZ97H65) Clotrimazole 2 g in 100 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength benzyl alcohol (UNII: LKG8494WBH) cetostearyl alcohol (UNII: 2DMT128M1S) cetyl esters wax (UNII: D072FFP9GU) octyldodecanol (UNII: 461N1O614Y) polysorbate 60 (UNII: CAL22UVI4M) water (UNII: 059QF0KO0R) sorbitan monostearate (UNII: NVZ4I0H58X) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:49348-379-54 1 in 1 CARTON 1 21 g in 1 TUBE, WITH APPLICATOR Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date NDA NDA021143 04/12/2000 Labeler - McKesson (177667227) Registrant - Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. (145186370) Establishment Name Address ID/FEI Business Operations Taro Pharmaceuticals Inc. 206263295 MANUFACTURE(49348-379)