Label: CAPSAICIN patch
- NDC Code(s): 79643-002-01
- Packager: PHARMACURE, INC.
- Category: HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG LABEL
- DEA Schedule: None
- Marketing Status: unapproved drug other
DISCLAIMER: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Updated March 13, 2023
If you are a consumer or patient please visit this version.
- Active Ingredient
For external use only. Use only as directed or as directed by a health care professional.
Do not use:
• On wounds, cuts, damaged or infected skin.
• On eyes, mouth, genitals, or any other mucous membranes.
Allergy Alert: if you are allergic to capsicum or chili peppers or any inactive ingredient of this product, contact a doctor before use.
When using this product:
• You may experience a burning sensation. The intensity of this reaction varies among individuals and may be severe. With regular use, this sensation generally disappears after several days.
• Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, nose and mucous membranes.
• Do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area.
• Do not apply heat to the treated area immediately before or after use.
Stop use and ask a physician:
• rash, itching or excessive skin irritation develops.
• conditions worsen.
• symptoms persist for more than 7 days.
• symptoms clear up and occur again within a few days.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
Adults and children 18 years of age and older:
Apply 1 patch to the affected area of intact skin up to 3 times a day. Do not leave patch on for more than 8 hours at a time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE :
Clean and dry the affected area.
Open pouch and remove one patch.
Remove any protective film and apply directly to affected area of pain. Apply immediately after removal from the protective envelope.
Wash hands with soap and water after handling the patches.
Reseal pouch containing unused patches after each use. Do not store patch outside the sealed envelope.
Discontinue use at least one hour prior to bath, shower, or swimming; do not use immediately after bath, shower, or swimming.
Fold used patches so that the adhesive side sticks to itself and safely discard used patches or pieces of cut patches where children and pets cannot get to them.
Children under 18 years: Ask a physician
- Inactive ingredients
- Other information
INGREDIENTS AND APPEARANCE
Product Information Product Type HUMAN PRESCRIPTION DRUG Item Code (Source) NDC:79643-002 Route of Administration TOPICAL Active Ingredient/Active Moiety Ingredient Name Basis of Strength Strength CAPSAICIN (UNII: S07O44R1ZM) (CAPSAICIN - UNII:S07O44R1ZM) CAPSAICIN 0.025 g in 100 g Inactive Ingredients Ingredient Name Strength MYRRH (UNII: JC71GJ1F3L) ZINC OXIDE (UNII: SOI2LOH54Z) Packaging # Item Code Package Description Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date 1 NDC:79643-002-01 10 in 1 BOX 02/02/2021 1 100 g in 1 PATCH; Type 0: Not a Combination Product Marketing Information Marketing Category Application Number or Monograph Citation Marketing Start Date Marketing End Date unapproved drug other 02/02/2021 Labeler - PHARMACURE, INC. (055983858)